Cancun Dias Secundo

The second day in Cancun was very relaxing. We managed to get a decent breakfast (buffett) that only cost $250 pesos each (still having some issues with conversion). After breakfast, we headed down to the beach for about an hour (maybe a little longer) to work on the tan, and then got insided just as the clouds opened up. It was a heavy downpour that lasted all of 10-15 minutes, and then the sun was shining again. It reminded us of Hawaii.

We reluctantly packed up and put our bags in storage for the day while we waiting for our friends to join us. We enjoyed a good amount of time at the pool bar sipping on some cervezas (the local Negro Modelo) and snacking on a small lunch. The Hilton is very nice, but there is not really a lot to do in the resort, which was actually – at the end of the day – very relaxing. We sat and snoozed a little, and then we waited … and waited … and waited.

It seems that the trip for Bobby, Ian, Jonas and Corey as not as quick as ours, and they were in line for customs and immigration for over two hours. Finally, they arrived and we headed down to Akumal (near Tulum) to the Grand Pallidium. Another good driver from Entertainment-Plus was our chauffer, and we were really happy that they were able to accomodate our airport pick-up to Akumal via the Hilton.

The Grand Palladium is big. When we tried to check in, we were advised that we had been upgraded to a different room, which also meant a different section of the hotel, which mean a different check in. So our journey continued for a short time, and were greeted by a welcome drink and a very friendly front desk agent. They banded us, and we were free to find food, drinks and other fun activities.

Our room is really nice. It’s in the Riviera section and very spacious. Thankfully the others are close by – up one floor, and in the next door building. Communication has been an interesting challenge as we are foregoing our cell phones while staying here, but we seem to find a way. We walked around and found a buffett for a late dinner, and then wandered around the resort for some sightseeing and exploration. We found the salt water pool, which is a part of the sea, and found the place where people get married. The night ended soon after that, and we looked forward to what the new day was going to have in store for us.