Earlier this week, I received an email about a new class that was going to be offered during the fall 2006 semester titled, “Sex and Addiction.” Of course, I had to sign up, especially when I read that the course will include:
a mixture of discussion, lecture and experiential content for this course which will focus on:
- The effects of drugs on sexuality and relationships
- The effects of sexuality and relationships on addiction and relapse
- Sexual addiction: definition, causes, levels, relationships with drug use
- The core issues that are usually shared among people addicted to sex, drugs or relationships
- The addictive nature of some relationships
Good stuff, no?