Email – JN to MG (11/17 @ 3:44 AM)

From: James Nunn []
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 3:44 AM
Cc: James Nunn
Subject: Doves
Importance: High


I wanted to make contact before things got too out of hand. I know that emotions on both sides were extremely high during tonight’s meeting, and I don’t think it is beneficial to continue to have these arise – either as part of CCGLA or CEF. I think Dawnetta raised an excellent point by suggesting that if there are issues, it is best to get them out in the open, so that it doesn’t affect – or continue to affect – the organization.

I don’t understand what, if any, issues you might have with me personally.
I know you have said there is nothing personal, however a number of your actions suggest something different. Clearly there is something, and I’m sure a number of my actions may suggest the same to you.

Oddly, in writing this email, I realized that I’ve not had a great deal to do with you, yet it appears that there exists this dark cloud hanging over both of our heads. It really isn’t conducive to continue in this way, as I feel that both of us are passionate about our involvement with CCGLA and CEF, and if we found a way to manage whatever “it” was that is causing this cloud, then I know that we have the oppotunity to make it work – for ourselves, and the organizations we are involved with.

So what I am proposing is this. Let’s find time to sit down, and talk about us. No bullshit, no curtains to hide behind … a frank discussion, and then … hopefully …. resolution. This may be a pipe dream, but I think it is worth attempting.

One of the reasons I’m proposing this relates to the fact that I’m not a believer in airing an organization’s dirty laundry in public, and I feel that some of the comments made tonight suggest that this may occur, which I don’t think will benefit either of the organizations that we are both involved with. As you and Mike suggested during tonight’s meeting, there will be futher board discussions about actions taken over these past few days, and possible weeks. I’ve already submitted my request in relation to this to Dell, and I’m sure you have done the same. My proposition is not designed to postpone this, or prevent this from happening, but I think it is worth something to both of our organizations for us to take the opportunity to try and resolve any underlying issues that we may have towards each other.

What I do believe is that we need to resolve this, even if it ends up just by setting parameters in which we both agree to work professionally with each other. This may not be something you want to do, but it is something that I am willing to try.

Of course, this will depend on you. I’m willing to make the effort, as I truly believe that it is not in my interest, your interest or the interest of either organization to allow this squabbling to go public.

I’m available on Friday afternoon (prior to the social), Saturday morning and Sunday morning if you are interested in meeting prior to the board meeting on Sunday. I hope that you will take this opportunity, and either way, I would appreciate you letting me know.