JAMES D. NUNN
PO Box 623, Frisco TX 75034 | contact
Driven professional proficient at planning, implementing and leading initiatives that produce measurable results. Creative and innovate team player with strong interpersonal skills. Experienced nonprofit manager producing collaborative team results aligning with priorities and initiatives.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Customer service-oriented
- Microsoft Office Suite expert
- Problem solving
- Cross-functional team leadership
- Developed and managed mentoring initiative serving over 1,000 high school students.
- Ensured effective management of program to deliver high-quality results.
Independent Consultant (December 2015 – present)
International Student Exchange
Local Area Coordinator (April 2015 – present)
Big Brothers Big Sisters (Irving, Texas)
Director of mentor2.0 (May 2012 – December 2015)
- Developed and managed ±20 staff, including performance management.
- Developed processes, policies and training to ensure high-quality delivery of a high engagement and impactful relationship between volunteer mentors and students.
- Developed and managed annual program budget of over $1 million.
- Evaluated and optimized program deliverables to improve effectiveness of program.
- Developed marketing materials including social media presence and recruitment collateral.
Match Support Specialist III (September 2007 – May 2012)
- Actively supported and managed relationships of ±100 pairs of volunteers and youth, including identification of safety issues requiring follow up.
- Update and maintain digital records and reports for each pair.
- Identified training needs, and led training and events for volunteers, staff and youth.
- Mentor and support colleagues, including staff development training for new hires.
University of North Texas (Denton, Texas)
EIS Student Assistant (February 2006 – May 2007)
- Developed and maintained website for Enterprise Information Systems (EIS) and Administrative Information Systems departments.
- Organized and deliver training, including the development of training courseware.
- Responsible for the management of departmental physical assets.
Mykrolis Corporation (Allen, Texas)
Web Content Specialist Intern (2001 – 2002)
- Management of web content for product catalog, including design of graphics / animations for corporate website and intranet.
- Provide training services to staff on the use of the Internet/Intranet systems.
Australian Public Sector (Melbourne, Australia)
- Attorney-General’s Department, Bankruptcy Division
- Department of Social Security, Commonwealth Workers’ Compensation Office
- Department of Defence, Air Force (Civil Support)
- University of North Texas (Denton, TX)
Bachelor of Arts, Sociology (graduated May 2007)
- Collin College (Frisco, TX)
Associate of Applied Science, E-Business Media (graduated May 2005)
Associate of Arts (graduated August 2005)
Travel, community engagement, mentoring, reading, volunteering
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- Neighborhood Board Member, Sorano Homeowner’s Association (current)
- Community Volunteer, City of Frisco TX
- Big Brother/Mentor – Big Brothers Big Sisters (March 2008 to December 2015)
- Big Couple of the Year – Big Brothers Big Sisters Collin County (2010)
- Bernon Staff Award for Excellence – Big Brothers Big Sisters (2010)
- Honorary Life Member – Texas Junior College Student Government Association (2006)
- Outstanding Student Organization Leader – Collin College (2003 – 2004)
- Board Member of the Year – Associa / Principal Management Group (2003)
Administrative, brand management, financial management, graphic design (basic Photoshop, Illustrator), human resource management, Information Systems, marketing development and promotion, Mentor, network management, performance management, policy development, process management, quality review, recruitment, social media management, staff development, volunteer management, web content/design/management, workplace safety