But only one first!
Today is the first time I’ve turned 49. It will also be my last. Over the next 365 days, I will incrementally become 50, and providing I continue to look after myself, those numbers will continue to rise. But today, today I am 49.
There are 31,557,600 seconds in a year, and while many of those seconds were spent sleeping, and a vast majority I have very little recollection about, I have also been blessed to have achieved some amazing things with some of those. And what has made those achievements and “things that I’ve done” all that greater, have been the people that are a part of my life.
So today as I celebrate turning 49, I want to celebrate the people who have helped me enjoy the last 31,557,600 seconds of my life. To everyone with whom I’ve shared seconds of my life, thank you!
Some highlights from my past year include:
- spending a phenomenal amount of time with my family in Australia, and getting reacquainted with members of my family from years past,
- traveling to Europe in March and meeting our former exchange student Emile’s family, traveling around Spain with Trey and Andrea, and experiencing new parts of the globe that I look forward to returning to,
- new jobs and opportunities as I continue to work towards achieving our long-term dreams and goals,
- new friends and long-term friends and continuing to build relationships, and
- being able to celebrate Chris’s birthday in a unique way.
Every year for the past 18 years, I’ve thanked Chris for being my rock and being a solid foundation sharing each second as it ticks by, and this year is no different. Many of my special moments that I’ve experienced this past year has been with Chris by my side. I’m a lucky guy, and I am thankful for him every day.
Yes, today is my birthday, and I want to celebrate everyone who has helped make my year another one of those that I will look back on fondly. Thank you!